Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Be Inspired Features and Link Party #35

Happy Tuesday! Welcome back for features and party day!

  
Wow, you really blew me away last week with a record number of awesome links! Thank you so much for being here! 
 
And before we move on to features, just two quick thoughts. First up, word verification. Is it just me or has it become really challenging to read those crazy words in order to leave a comment on some blogs? I set a new personal record yesterday when it took six tries to get it right. Part of me wanted to give up, but the other part did not want to be defeated! Most bloggers agree that it just isn't necessary. Please consider turning word verification off! I guarantee you'll see an increase in comments. And second, I still get a good many comments from no-reply commentors asking me questions. No-reply means simply that - I can not reply to you. If you are interested in two-way communication, you need to change the setting in your blogger profile to allow replies. I make every effort to respond to comments and I always try to track down commentors who ask questions, but sometimes it's impossible. That's it, thanks for listening!
 
Now on to this week's fabulous features.....
 
 
I have a weakness for matching twin beds and this pair from Allison at Fab Rehab Creations is simply stunning! The curves and details are amazing and Allison's finish is gorgeous!
 
 
 
Karin from Art is Beauty teamed up with her niece Katie to create this beautiful dresser for a charity auction. Can you believe this was a roadside rescue?
 
 
 
Rachel from Thrifty Inspirations is a neutral loving girl who decided it was time to go bold with this mid-century modern chest of drawers. Good decision Rachel!
 
 
 
You will absolutely love this kitchen transformation from Chris at Freckle Face Girl!
 
 
 
And outdoor spaces can be swoon worth too. I love everything about this farmhouse front porch makeover from Denise at Pink Postcard!
 
 
 
Lisa from Shine Your Light shared a nicely detailed tutorial for her beautiful stenciled drop cloth curtains and she came up with a very clever way to hang her curtains without using a rod!
 
 
 
Crafting Rebellion shared a wonderful tutorial for preserving boxwood cuttings to use in craft projects. I definitely see a boxwood wreath in my future! And to think that I've been composting my clippings.
 
 
  
Thanks so much to everyone who linked up and linked back! Feel free to grab a cute little button from the sidebar if you've been featured!
 
 
 
 
Now on to this week's party...
* Link up your furniture makeovers, DIY projects, home decor, crafts, recipes, thrifty finds, etc... We want to see whatever is inspiring you at the moment!


* Grab a party button and add it to your post or link back in some way. You must have a visible link back to be considered for a feature!
* And be sure to follow along with us!

We'll be back next week with features and a brand new party.
Now let's share some inspiration!

 

27 comments:

Jo Coastal Home Love said...

Hi Sharon, Fab features again this week! I adore that dresser! Looking forward to checking out some link ups! Thanks for hosting :) Jo x

Unknown said...

Beautiful features Sharon! I just love those beds!
Thanks so much for hosting - have yourself a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Suzan

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting week after week, I'm glad to be here!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Such inspiring features!! Thanks for hosting every week. Megan

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Sharon, thank you so much for featuring my curtains amongst all these fabulous projects!!

Cristina Garay said...

I love those french beds! Thanks for hosting!

daisypetals said...

Sharon, Thanks so much for hosting! The features are beautiful! I wish I could spend some time on that fabulous front porch! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Cassie Bustamante said...

all awesome features!! i love the beds, lisa's curtains, the dresser.... all of it!

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

Thanks for hosting each week.

ournextgreatadventure said...

Amen to the word verification! I hate squinting at those letters. Just an FYI about the no-reply comments. I use WordPress and I didn't know that I was showing up as a "no reply" on blogger blogs. Apparently, google doesn't not play nice with WordPress. My only solution was to create a blogger account with my WordPress user name & use that to comment on Blogger blogs.

Thanks for hosting!

Good Time Charlie said...

Those twin beds are so gorgeous, they turned out perfect. I love that you get such a mix of good features, things I wouldn't think to do, like the boxwood cuttings!

Thank you for your two cents on Word Verication. I think it has gotten harder! I have been harping on this at my link party too. Hopefully enough people will see the message and turn it off. The worst I agree is no reply blogger. I came across another one that linked up at my party, but the comments were closed?????

Miss Kitty said...

Thanks for hosting your fun party, Sharon! Those were wonderful features that you chose...can't wait to see the details on each one.

Sayuri said...

Hi Sharon, thank you for hosting!!

Allison@FabRehab said...

Thank you for the feature on my beds, Sharon!!

NanaDiana said...

Some beautiful projects and entries here this week. I agree about the word verification. I make sure to tell the person they have it on because half the time they don't know. If I tell them a couple of times and it is still on I don't bother leaving a comment anymore. Have a great day- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for featuring my crazy bold ombre dresser. It was super fun to work on! Looking forward to all the new links this week!

XOXO,
Rachel @ Thrifty Inspirations

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Sharon, I just want to thank you for the time you put into the party and visiting us. You're a doll!
Liz

Anne said...

Sharon,
Great features!Thank you so much for hosting!
xx
Anne

Laurel Stephens said...

I can always depend on you having the best features in town! Re: comment verification, I left a comment recently after trying about six times to type the right letters, too. My comment ended up being: your comment verification is broken, and you might want to turn it off!!! The poor blogger had a great blog and no comments! I bet people were trying and giving up. Blogger is great at catching spam, so I don't think verification is needed. Great tips, Sharon!

Chris said...

Sharon-thanks so much for featuring my kitchen !!
xo-Chris {aka Freckle Face Girl}

Little Oak Table said...

Sharon, I have a quesion about your wood tile floors in your bathroom. Do they get slippery when they are wet?

We're about to retile and our favorite is a Colonial Pecan wood looking tile, but we are afraid the smooth surface is going to be slippery.

Would appreciate your thoughts if you had a sec. Just found your blog via. Pinterest and it is so fun. You have fantastic taste girl!

Little Oak Table said...

ooops, question

Treat and Trick said...

Thanks for hosting! I'd shared my Pineapple Rice today. Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for another great party! :)

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

Thanks for the features and your blog. They both always inspires me to do more :)
Make it a wondefrful weekend!!
Meegan

Punky Prep said...

Thanks so much for featuring my preserved boxwood project!

Jeannie-JB said...

Thank you so much for hosting!