Sunday, September 16, 2012

Progress on the Decorator Show House

Progress continues on the Decorator Show House. I love going through the house seeing the changes. Every decorator is working on their own schedule, so we never know what to expect when we arrive. And just in case you missed the first post, the girls here at Elizabeth & Co. are decorating two bedrooms on the third floor of this lovely parsonage in downtown Westminster. If you are a local reader, details are on the sidebar.


Even the outside of the house is getting a facelift. Last week the narrow concrete walks disappeared.


And the landscape crew was busy prepping for brick walkways and beautiful new plantings.




So, want to head inside and see what's been happening?


The living room just off the foyer has gone from soft gold to a big bold shade of red.

 
I was a little surprised to find the dining room going white, until I found out that the walls are being stenciled.
 
 
 And that soft blue on the ceiling is just gorgeous!
 

The kitchen has been painted and it is clearly going to be chock full of vintage treasures.

 
Staging has begun on the side porch off the kitchen. And a floor stencil is in progress.
 
 
There are paint projects everywhere .....
 
 
along with plumbers, electricians and contractors.
 
  
There are hints about what each room will eventually look like.
 
 
 The master bedroom will clearly have an equestrian theme.
 
 
The nursery has gone from hot pink to cool shades of blue in keeping with the sailboat theme.
 
 
And the fireplace is now clad with handpainted tiles.
 
 
I actually really loved the original yellow tub.
 

But the decorator clearly had a different vision. And the bright green of the bedroom is on it's way to a rosy glow.


The sunroom is probably my favorite room in the house.


This room is going to have a fresh modern feel.


And I am totally in love with the paint colors - Sherwin Williams Sea Salt and Summer White. Yes, I've actually gone through the entire house reading all the paint cans.


So ready to head up to the third floor?
I love the wonderful landing. And then there are our two bedrooms.


The front bedroom has been designated at the man servant's quarters. The time period we are expected to reference is 1850 to 1940. That's a rather wide range, so basically we're just going with what we do best - vintage!


And since our rooms did not need to be painted, we already have a good bit of furniture in place.

 
The rooms needs to look comfortable and functional, without being too fussy or formal. The furniture would have probably been an eclectic mix of whatever the family had no use for in the more public areas of the home. And we're pretty good at eclectic too!


Taking on both rooms on this floor, gave us the opportunity to decorate them with a very similar look and feel.


 
But I have to say that we are finding it much easier to accessorize the room designated as the woman servant's quarters. I guess no matter what the time period, girls just have/need/want more cute stuff!


This week we really need to work on getting things up on the walls and finalizing details. But we're happy with the progress we've made so far. We're enjoying the challenge and appreciate the opportunity!


And guess what, we have another whole house to decorate as our fall tag sale is just two weeks away! ... Maybe you should just call us crazy!
 
 

16 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Very exciting! I loved that you shared all your paint colors. So excited to see your rooms and come to your tag sale. :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

it is looking soooo good! can't wait for the final reveal!

Twice Nice said...

I did miss the original post, so I'm glad to catch it this time around! How exciting, and the rooms are looking wonderful! SW Sea Salt is one of my fav paints. Congratualtions and can't wait to see how the house looks finalized!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

I love being able to follow along with this project! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You captured the "step back in time" look perfectly for both! Love the entire house and can't wait for the finale!

Good Time Charlie said...

I like crazy, it is what makes me work! I see those gorgeous twin beds in there! Wow, I wish I could come see this in person. I love that Red front room and those hand painted tiles on the fireplace. How fun!

Ali Richardson said...

This is just so neat. There is never anything cool like this happening over here. SO fun!

Emily @ The Diligent One said...

Everything is looking great!

Leslie Harris said...

Wow, what a fun tour. I really like how you shared the paint colors, it's clear you know the true mind of a hopeless DIYer, wink wink. I can't wait to see it all finished!
Leslie (aka Gwen Moss blog)

Anonymous said...

That looks like tons of fun and work! Can't wait to see the end result! - Susan

Nora's Mom said...

Oh my have you been busy! Everyday when I drop the girls off at daycare, I see this house and think about how your rooms are coming along. They look beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person! Good luck with the next few weeks!!!

Jo Coastal Home Love said...

Looking good Sharon :)

Kim said...

Love the rooms, all of them! Thank you so much for letting us live vicariously through you!
It's like Christmas, waiting to see the next level of decorating and what a great home that they chose.

Kim@reposture.blogspot.com

daisypetals said...

Sharon, The house is going to be beautiful! I love what you have done so far in the bedrooms. The sunroom does look like it is going to be stunning! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Laurel Stephens said...

Oh my gosh, you are so busy! I loved this post and your tour of the house so far. (I laughed that you are reading the paint cans!) I also love the rugs you're using in your rooms and am excited to see them finished. But really, the journey is so fun!

Katie said...

This house is so amazing Sharon!! Looks like it's coming along nicely! I can't wait to see all of the finished rooms!