Saturday, May 18, 2013

May Garden Party

So I was thinking, we should have a garden party!


A few weeks ago, my friend Laurel from The North End Loft and I began a running conversation about our yards and gardens. I actually wrote the Spring is Blooming! post with her in mind.


Now if you know me in real life, you know that I absolutely love being outside playing in the dirt. I have dirt clothes, just like I have painting clothes. Even when I'm busy with other things, I make a point to walk around my yard every day, sometimes several times a day. There is always something new to see, smell, appreciate and enjoy!


 And over the three years that I've been blogging, I've shared a few random garden posts. But my conversation with Laurel made me realize that I'd like to share more garden related content on the blog. I'm keeping a gardening journal inspired by my friend Chris at Red Gate Farm, although mine will be very simple. And I'm trying to take pictures outside regularly - a good way to work on my photography skills!


You know the outside of your home can bring you just as much joy as the inside, even if that means just a pretty wreath on the front door or a pot of herbs on your balcony. ... So that got me thinking, we should have a garden party to share what makes us happy in the outside world!


Megan is visiting this weekend and she made me a cute little party button. So I think we should just jump right in and get this party started ... like right now!

Elizabeth and Co.
 
I'm not big on party rules, so we'll keep it simple...

*Link up any outdoor/garden related project you'd like to share - what's growing in your yard or garden, patio gardens, landscaping, outdoor related craft projects, garden furniture or décor and of course we love pretty porches and patios!

*A link back would be appreciated, especially if you'd like to be considered for a feature.

*We'll start a new party on the second weekend of each month and I'll share features several times throughout the month. Feel free to link up as often as you like.

Since I just sprang this party on you at the last minute (we'll call it a surprise party), feel free to dig into the archives and link up an older post this time around. If you think it fits the garden theme, we'd love to see it.

I hope you like the idea of a garden party as much as I do!



 
 

7 comments:

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I'm happy to hear I inspired you to start a gardening journal! I even like to look over old ones... it's hard to believe how much changes from year to year.

And the May Garden Party is such a wonderful idea! :)

Thanks for hosting,
~Chris

Laurel Stephens said...

Yay! You did it! A garden party! I'm linking the very first garden post I ever wrote from last year, but you've inspired me to get outside and take some new photos this week. I'll be back! :) Thanks Sharon. You're The BEST!

Mimi@blueroofcabin said...

Fun! I have been obsessed with gardening this year and look forward to more parties ;)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Thanks for hosting. Read about it over at Laurel's. I love to photograph flowers and birds and backyard critters.
Brenda

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

A garden party-sounds delightful! I am happily following and linking up!! Thank you oodles!
Happy Hugs-
Jemma

Art and Sand said...

Thanks for hosting the garden party. I can't wait to see everyone else's gardens.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Haha! I finally got my posts linked. ;)
I love the idea of a garden party, Sharon! Too bad my new 'garden' doesn't hold a candle to my past. Oh well. These posts have a little bit of both.
Your garden is truly lovely. And I like you have garden clothes, too. Though...some of those items have happened because I decided to deadhead the lilies after arriving home in good clothes. Haha!